From frantically running around with sun cream to getting over competitive in the teachers’ race, here are the 12 things every teacher goes through on sports day.
1. Starting the day with a student who has forgotten their PE kit
*Cue rifling through the lost property hamper trying to find something that half resembles a suitable outfit*
2. Frantically checking the weather forecast
Please don’t rain and make me reschedule!
3. Trying to make sure that every pupil is wearing a hat and has been sufficiently lathered in sun cream
*Every pupil running around looking like they’ve been dipped in white paint*
4. Trying to make an obstacle course out of any piece of equipment you can find in the sports cupboard
These two boxes can be used to transport water from one side of the field to the other. That’s a sport, right?
5. Trying to gently let down the parents who interfere
‘Actually, can you can go and untangle that entire box of skipping ropes?’
6. Dealing with *that* parent who claims a student cheated in the egg and spoon race
7. Comforting the sore loser
*Cue the "you’re all winners" speech*
8. Looking after the injured child
Every teacher's response? 'Put a wet paper towel on it'.
9. Becoming far too competitive in the teachers’ race
As long as you beat the teacher who stole your last biscuit in the staff room…
10. Reluctantly announcing the winning house, even though it wasn’t yours
11. Tidying up when your feet and legs ache from standing around all day
‘Have I not already done enough today?’
12. Eventually going home to relax
Can't wait to do it all over again next year...
Have you got any sports day stories? Let us know on our Facebook and Twitter pages!