1. Needing copious amounts of coffee/tea to make it through the day
Top tip: don’t speak to me until I’m on my third cup.
2. The difficulty of holding in laughter when a student says something absolutely hilarious, but completely inappropriate
Honestly, one of the toughest parts of the job
3. The fear you experience when there’s a bug going around…
Two words: HAND SANITIZER!
4. Getting really emotional when a student starts to understand the topic they’ve been struggling with
There’s no feeling like it!
5. Worrying about a student finding your social media profiles
Make everything private, then check it 5 times.
6. Not knowing what to say when a pupil asks you a question you don’t know the answer to
We’re only human!!
7. The worry of running into students outside of school, and always running into them in the worst possible places
Shopping for underwear? Buying a few too many bottles of wine in the supermarket? Yep, they’ll be there.
8. Trying to explain to your friends why you’re too busy to be social in the evenings
‘But you finish at 3pm?!’ – No, I definitely don’t.
9. The fear when all your students are giggling and you don’t know why..
Is there something on my face?
10. And finally, when non-teachers say you have an easy job…